So, by now I pray that you have read my blog called “You Killed Chivalry, You Bastard!”. If not, I suggest you head on over there and get to reading so you can know where this stems from. Don’t worry… we won’t wait for you to return, but the blog will still be here when you do.
Now, as I mentioned in last month’s blog, (You Killed Chivalry You Bastard, Pt 1)YKCYB for short, I HAD to take this to my 200 Men, it wouldn’t have been right for me to take my “I am Woman Hear Me Roar” stance without consulting the world’s top male perspective…lol. Buuuuuuuut I must confess, they don’t know why I asked them. I pretty much assume that they think that every question I ask them is something that has personally happened to me. Boy, they must think I am jacked up. Well, the truth of the matter is, not all of what I ask has happened to me, and I hold the key to which of it has……and judging by YKCYB, this one happened to me. But, like I said…..I didn’t need for my 200 Men to know that from the jump. I wanted their pure and honest answer on the situation, without me swaying what asshole did to provoke me to ask the question in the first place. I must say, my 200 men never let me down.
So, I asked the following question:
Do you, as a man, think that a man should open all car doors for a female….no matter if she is a driver or passenger? And should he ALWAYS open these doors?
And they came back with…… (Warning, I do not edit or proofread majority of their responses…lol):
- !: Of course he should. Being a gentleman takes priority over everything else. Now, if a female doesn’t want me to do that, I [may] still do it. Some females like the bad boy drama; I grew out of that by 24. Some women can’t handle a gentleman..no drama
- Mr. Right: If she likes that type of stuff. Some women are just so dang independent, the “I’ll open my own door”, “I don’t need a man to do [anything] for me” types out there.
- Ddouble R: Some would say [chivalry] is dead and most of you females still have the knives in your hands. [2Deep: What’s up with all of this YOU FEMALES mess? I’m not like that] “I’m too independent” , ” I can do it all by myself.” Alrighty then. the question? yes i think a man open the door for a female. Shows respect and proper upbringing.
- Brown H: I think I should open the door if I’m the driver or maybe if it my car and she driving it. But if its her car and she’s use to it she can open he door because she’s got the keys
- Lateef25: Yeah, [on] the first few dates [2Deep:WTF? Then you will stop after that? Lawd have mercy]
- Jeff C:No.
- Ron S: I do not. The reason? Women are more independent now. Back in the day, a man would open the door as a way of showing not only that she is Queen but also that he is King. That is not to say that a man can not open the door for her now.
- STEVEN L: Yes, he should
- Antoine W: I think that a man should open doors, car doors and all that, if that’s what he chooses to do; without any obligation. And i think that a woman should do the same; treat him like she wants to be treated.
- KINGDOM GATE ENTERTAINMENT: I think this is more traditional than anything,its doesn’t mean you’re any less of a man. Some of us do it naturally, some don’t. If he chooses to open it…. then fine. If he doesn’t, maybe you may want to look at him closely.
- King Kev: Yes, but I also think women should lean over and unlock the door for the man. [2Deep:I agree…blog coming soon]
- Nigi “Pistol Star” Pu Yi: Naw.. Maybe On Special Occasions Wen Goin out N Makin A Entrance Or Exit..But Not All The Time..N Yes Even If Shes Driving![2Deep: Yes, I refuse to edit comments that don’t agree with my POV..lmao]
- James F: No…a man should never open a car door for a woman…she’s has two arms she can open her own door [2Deep: *Blank Stare* Ummm…sir. You will be single for the rest of your life or you’ll marry a basic bitch. Just saying. These better be jokes..lol]
- ! A ! James L: Yes! If It’s raining she’s on her own! Lol! just kidding. 2Deep:Humor will get you every where…lol]
- James M: It depends on if the woman wants him to do it. I think if he is driving then he should open the door for her. If she is driving she is capable of opening the door for herself but he should wait until she is in before he gets in. [2Deep: I ALMOST agree with you. But even then, there is something sexy about a guy taking the keys and opening the door for her.]
- rroyallty: Yes, I believe in opening car doors for a female. But to be honest, I probably wouldn’t do it in every situation. Suppose we exchanged words and we weren’t on the best terms?…she will be opening hers. Depends on the individual..but doors should be opened
- DSMILEY1: Always, & it shows he cares
- MR.D SMOOVE: Yes, he should!
- G’s Pets “Hottest OWNER !!!☞: Certainly !!!
- Mr. Mayor**DARKSTARZ INC PREZ**: As a man, I always open the car door, whether she is the driver or not, and that also goes for all doors. However, women (in general) have to learn how to let a man be gentleman.
- Marcellus A(producer): YES……
- Tori A: if she’s driving, no i wont open the door for her. i wudnt b holding the steering wheel for her [2Deep: I introduce to you another one of my resident smartasses…lol. ]
- Jay: A man should open all doors. However, in this day and age, most of these women don’t know what it’s like to have a man open doors for them. So, when a man does it, it’s not appreciated. Some females would even say he’s soft for doing so! How stupid!
- Antoine J: Yes, he should. Her being the driver is a little different, but he should always open doors.
on the rocks… : Oooo tough one… Hell no. [2Deep:Ummmm I am confused. Was the hell no for opening any door or ALWAYS opening doors? Please elaborate so I can know how to bless you out…lmao]
- Truth B Told It’s funny but it’s sad to hear about a man who will NOT open ANY doors for a woman knowing damn well his momma had taught him better….BUT, whats even sadder is when a woman has doors opened for her, her seat pulled for her, or just hospitality offered period…and she turns out to be the BITCH that our mommas warned us about.
- WOWZERS!!!! I totally agree with you on this. So the question becomes….how do we get more males to become chivalrous men and more females to appreciate and EARN the right for those men to put forth such effort? B/c I think it is a clear sign when a man DOESN’T, you let him know that you require such action, and he still doesn’t. THAT is when I feel disrespected, because I dont think that all males are taught to open ANY door for a woman. And some who have, over time, have chosen to pick and choose which doors require their attention and which don’t. You just gave me another question to ask.